Rhode Island's Premier Renewable Energy Services
Renewable Energy Services of New England (RESNE) is your top choice for all of your solar energy needs! Our experts are here to consult, install, inspect, maintain, and assist you with all of your renewable energy questions.
Your Local RI Solar Installer
There is a lot to know and consider before you choose a solar company. Our sales team will thoroughly educate you regarding installation methods and the incentive programs available to you. Our company prides itself on the quality of our install. RESNE, Inc takes the time needed to hide all electrical wiring within the interior walls of your home. The inverter and the Combiner panel are hidden in the basement or garage. With hundreds of custom solar array installations under our belt, only 3 homes required the use of a conduit run mounted on the exterior of a home.
Solar is a great way to save money and help your business to thrive! Our company will assist you in obtaining the available incentives. In addition, we will educate you on realizing the tax credits and depreciation to which you will be entitled. From planning your system, to installation, to service after the sale, we are your one-stop-shop for solar energy!
These Timber Frame Structures
A new, exciting innovation in the solar installation program is our solar shade structure. These structures are available to both Residential and Commercial property owners. Made of native wood, this structure is the ultimate in versatility. It can function as a carport, a three season room, a pavilion or any other purpose you can imagine for your property. The structure can be customized to fit your needs with the only design constraint being that it needs to remain a rectangle. Other than that, if you can dream it, we can build it.
Rhode Island Regrowth Program
Through the Renewable Energy Growth (REG) program, National Grid pays residential system owners in Rhode Island a performance-based incentive (PBI) for producing solar energy. The PBI is a flat rate per kilowatt-hour, which is determined by multiple factors including term and project size.
Participation in the REG program is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. While you may be eligible, capacity is limited. If you have a recently-installed solar PV system or if you’re looking to make the switch to solar in the near future, contact us today to discuss your options.
RI Net Metering Program
Net metering is a billing tool that allows you to send the excess energy your panels generate to the local grid in exchange for credits on your monthly electric bills. When power is produced—but not immediately needed for use—it is sent out to the grid and credited to your electric account. The Net Metering Program offers Residential Customers grants of up to $5,000 with Commercial Customers being eligible for grants up to $75,000 from the Rhode Island Renewable Energy Fund.
Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
The ITC is a dollar-for-dollar credit for expenses invested in renewable energy properties, most often solar developments. Inflation Reduction Act extended the ITC from 2022 through 2032 as a 30 percent credit for qualified expenditures.
We will meet with you to understand your needs and review the information you've provided.
Our experts will determine the exact setup required to serve your energy needs.
Our knowledgable and skillful crew will install the solar energy system to code and with care.
We stand behind our work and test all functionality to ensure everything works as designed.
Our resourceful staff will assist you with system setup and selecting the right program.
All solar installers are not created equal! Because we are located in Rhode Island, our customers know that we are only a local call away when they need service on their project. Our team will process any warranty claims or any other requests within hours or days, not weeks or months!
- What is solar energy?
- Solar energy is a renewable and sustainable power source derived from the sun. It's harnessed using solar panels, which convert sunlight into electricity or heat for homes, businesses, and other applications. This clean energy solution helps reduce electricity costs and lowers our carbon footprint, making it an environmentally friendly choice. Embracing solar energy is a step towards a greener future and greater energy independence.
- How do solar panels work?
- Solar panels work by harnessing the sun's energy and transforming it into electricity. These panels contain photovoltaic cells, which absorb sunlight and generate an electric current by freeing electrons from their atoms. This current is then converted from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC) using an inverter, making it suitable for powering our solar panels for homes and businesses.
- What is the average price to install solar panels on my house?
- On average, the residential solar panel installation cost in Rhode Island starts at around $15,000 and each installation is dependent on how much energy is required for the home. This estimate is before any potential solar tax credits or incentives that may be available to homeowners who install solar panel systems. While the upfront cost of solar panel installation may seem significant, solar panels can help you save on your electricity bills over time and often provide a good return on investment in the long run, especially with available incentives and rebates.
- Do I need to clean the solar roof panels? How does New England weather affect my solar panels?
- Experience the hassle-free benefits of Photovoltaic Solar panels (or PV Panels) across New England with little to no maintenance required. These "passive solar" panels are designed without moving parts, making them highly efficient and reliable. That's why you'll find vast fields of thousands of panels or commercial installations on large businesses and malls, operating with minimal worker presence.
Engineered to withstand the elements, the solar panels used in New England are remarkably sturdy. Even in snowy conditions, homeowners can relax as the panels are designed to allow snow to slide right off due to their glass-like material. Snow buildup affecting production is no longer a concern, as the panels work efficiently once snow is cleared off naturally, just like a roof. Embrace the fusion of advanced technology and resilient engineering, and unlock the full potential of solar power without the hassle of constant maintenance!
Using state of the art Solar Software complete with Lidar technology we are able to take into account all variables that have an impact on production. Such as the pitch of the roof, azimuth. This coupled with weather patterns over the past decades we can accurately estimate what you will be able to expect.
- Are there local, state, or federal rebates or tax savings that can help with solar installation costs?
- Choice #1 — Take advantage of Rhode Island Energy's Renewable Energy Growth (REG) program and earn a performance-based incentive (PBI) for generating solar energy with your residential system. The PBI is a fixed rate per kilowatt-hour, determined by factors such as the project size and term. As participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis, it's crucial to act quickly as capacity is limited. Reach out to us today to explore your eligibility and discuss the opportunities available to you. Let's embark on your solar journey together!
Or Choice #2 — Rhode Island's Renewable Energy Fund (REF)—Residential and Commercial Program. If you're a property or business owner in Rhode Island, this is your chance to lower your electric bills significantly. With grants covering 10-25% of renewable energy installation costs for photovoltaic (PV) technologies, you can go green without breaking the bank. Say goodbye to hefty upfront expenses as REF can provide up to $5,000 for residential and up to $75,000 for commercial projects. Reach out to us today to explore your eligibility and discuss the opportunities available to you. Let's embark on your solar journey together!
Discover the benefits of the Federal Tax Credit—a valuable incentive provided by the federal government known as the Investment Tax Credit (ITC). Through this credit (currently 30%), homeowners and businesses can deduct a portion of their solar installation expenses from their federal income taxes. This attractive opportunity can significantly reduce the overall cost of going solar, making it a smart financial move for your energy future. Don't miss out on this federal incentive—contact us today to find out how you can leverage the solar panel tax credit and make your solar dreams a reality!
- What renewable services do you offer in addition to rooftop solar panel installation?
- We also offer solutions for solar carports and other structures, ground mounts, batteries, solar generators, and EV (electric-vehicle) chargers.
- How many solar panels do I need to power my house with renewable energy?
- Use the PVWatts Solar Power Calculator from the US government's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) website. This online tool will help you scale the solar power system to meet your enegy needs.
- How long do solar panels last?
- The industry standard for solar panel lifespan is 25-30 years. Our trusted installation methods will help ensure your solar panels last and provide you with energy savings for many years.
Renewable Energy Services of New England, Inc (RESNE) is a full-service solar installation company that services clientele throughout Rhode Island.
RESNE is committed to making solar energy an affordable, attractive option for every customer. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations and set the bar for the highest level of customer service.
What makes us different?
You will find many solar panel system installation choices, all claiming to be the best solar energy company. However, not all companies install systems with the care and concern that we offer. Unfortunately, it is common practice within the solar industry to leave equipment and conduit runs exposed on the exterior of the house. Although these methods do fall within the codes of installation, the result is an installation that diminishes the beauty of your home. RESNE, Inc. takes the time and care to hide all electrical wiring in the interior walls of the home, and all other equipment is hidden in the basement or the garage. One of our slogans is "Solar does not need to be ugly!" A little extra time will result in a neat and clean installation.
100% recommend using RESNE! From personal experience, from start to finish they are wonderful. The whole team is fast, reliable, responsible and very professional! We used RESNE for our solar at the beginning of the year and it was one of the best things we have done as home owners! Ed is extremely honest and will help you determine what’s best for your home. —Adriana
I highly recommend RESNE! Easy to work with, very honest and professional. It was so nice having face to face conversations and being able to chat with someone local. We used them for our solar and we are extremely happy with them. Have not had an electric bill in months! —Kerri